I admit that I cheated and I have learned from it. I am also thankful that Dada was there to support me despite my weak resolve. He explained to me that the gravity of cheating varies — so does the punishment. I couldn’t describe it more so I just thought of putting our conversation about it. (not the exact words but the gist is the same)
CARPE DIEM!!! Opportunities are seldom seen so it’s best that we seize them the moment they present themselves — whether in a form of a gift or a challenge.
[Gift] Love stories are often cheesy but they’re always passionate and honest. I met my boyfriend through an online game. It may be shallow to some, but I am proud to say that I love him even before we met IRL. I do not regret meeting up with him when the opportunity arose either. We’ve been together for almost eight years now. Our houses are too far from one another so our dates are always planned ahead of time. Not a moment is wasted whenever we go out. We only meet up once a week so we see to it that these rare opportunities are always treated as special.
[Challenge] My work has been stressful from day one up to now. The tasks may look the same but I handle them differently, individually — every single day. On top of that, I frequently cross paths with the people I loathe. It mostly drains my energy and my colleagues would even tell me how awful I look when I am stressed out. Still, I wouldn’t put up with the hardships if I do not love my job. Aside from the good pay, I also love the recognition from my bosses. All those tiring moments disappear when they tell me that they need me. “I know there is a lot of pressure and I understand that but I won’t depend on you if I don’t see your potential. You have been doing an excellent job.” (These are the exact words from my boss’s email. Tee-hee!)
I am unsure what kind of jellyfish this is but it’s so pretty, swimming around in a tank. This is one of the highlights of Manila Ocean Park [link]. Notice that its head formed a heart shape from this angle. It was really difficult and it took me several shots before I got it right! This is my entry for the Weekly Photo Challenge [link].
I’m very happy because we got to spend our anniversary for many days — all thanks to the flexibility of our schedules (sort of).
Dada and I had din-din in The Old Spaghetti House, an Italian restaurant located at the third floor of Robinson’s Galleria. We’ve been planning this for many weeks but we keep forgetting. LoL! The ambiance is very homey and the plate presentation was also nice. However, the dining experience wasn’t all good since the food tasted so-so yet they’re very expensive. We ordered pizza, nachos and spaghetti with meatballs. Of all those, I only liked the nachos. I guess we won’t be returning here anytime soon.
I went to Dada’s place so we can spend quality time together. They have a new puppy named “Almond” which was a gift from his cousin. It’s Almond’s second day in their house and he’s still not used to the place. He has been very attached to Dada as if he’s his mommy! He’d follow Dada wherever he goes and would cry if he loses sight of him. They look sooooo cute! We left Almond in Vrian’s care while we went to Festival Mall.
For many weeks, Dada had been so persistent on reviving my PSP — which I have long thought to be bricked. Dada surprisingly managed to get it going again but some of the buttons were no longer functioning. Dada took it to a shop in Festi and shouldered half of the cost of repairs. He said that that’s his anniversary gift for me. Aaawww~~~
We had din-din in Teriyaki Boy and he shouldered the expenses too. Apart from the salty Yakimeshi rice, all else tasted good.
Dada and I went to our usual tambayan and stayed there for many hours. Patapon 3 ate up most of our time. Dada used his archer while I used my black mage. The stigma of ranged attackers is “We kill fast or we die fast.” That’s what happened most of the time. LoL! There’s this one quest that took us probably an hour to finish due to its difficulty. It was frustrating and fun at the same time. It’s been so long since I last played games that I almost forgot what the feeling was like. *sigh*
Today is Dada’s birthday so he asked me to pick a place where we can have din-din. It’s his treat and he agreed that we can go fancy tonight. Some of the choices I had were Saisaki and Okuya. Unfortunately, Saisaki’s on the far end of SM Megamall and Okuya turned out to be a stall in the food court (Dada dislikes crowded areas). The only other choice I could think of was Sushi-Ya. Their service is good and the prices are affordable.
Last time I stepped foot in Sushi-Ya was seven years ago. This is the first ever Japanese restaurant I went to but today is only my second time dining in. Why? Let’s just say that there are some events in the past that are best untold. ☻
We ordered California Maki, Tamago Sushi, Tonkatsu Curry and Kakiage. They all look delicious but I guess we expected too much. I liked the California Maki and the Tamago Sushi. The curry, on the other hand, is yummy but there’s so much going on so I only had a few bites and I got fed up already. The kakiage is very bland. Dada said it’s like 80% potato and only 20% for the other vegetables. It’s much worse than the one in Teriyaki Boy.
We finished our meals in less than 20 minutes. We didn’t enjoy the food that much so I don’t think there will be a reason for us to return here.
We had fun taking pictures, though. ☻
I never had major regrets although there are instances wherein I ‘ll think of my past decisions or doings as a waste of my time, money or effort.
These are some of the things I did that made me upset …
- I should never have bought a Philips GoGear Spark. I should’ve invested my money for an iPod. My DAP began malfunctioning a few months after I bought it. The fault is irritating but tolerable.
- I should never have trusted headphones other than those from Sennheiser. The Audio-Technica ATH-SJ1 I bought was a waste of money — somewhat. I gave it to my younger sister as a present.
- I should’ve saved up money to buy my own dSLR.
- I should’ve stuck to my diet so my face and tummy will not bloat.
- I should’ve organized or attended at least one photoshoot.
- I should’ve grabbed the collar and kicked the a$$ of that guy who rammed me with his motorbike.
Anyway, these’re what’s on top of my head.
The one other thing that I pondered on for a very long time is my otaku side.
What could’ve happened if I am not into animé and computer games? Prolly, I’ll be a beauty pageant freak or a fashionista or someone famous. LoL!
The only thing is, if I wasn’t an otaku, I may never have met my Dada. He’s contributed much to me. I cannot imagine what my life would be like if he’s not even a part of it.
Like what’s engraved on the personalized key-chain I gave him …
“If the things that happened to me never happened … I would never have met you, I would neve have your love and I will never know the true meaning of happiness.”™
This is in response to the 30-days blogging challenge.
Dada is an expert when it comes to making me do things that I do not want doing. He said that it’s not that I do not want doing those things but rather I am reluctant to do them. Most of them became good experiences whereas some still tick me off.
Here’s a list of the things that he coerced me to do…
- PDA. During our first months together, he dared me to kiss him inside a PUJ that’s jam-packed with people! I was not used to showing mushy stuff in public then this tall figure who was embracing me suddenly asked me to do it as proof that I really love him. Blergh! I was very nervous but I did it anyway. I LOVE HIM! We kissed a couple of times. I like that feeling! Since then, we’ve been frequently kissing and hugging in public without caring about what other people may think. LoL!
- GATA. Any recipe that’s mixed with gata is definitely a no-no for me. I don’t like its color, smell and taste. There was one time wherein Tita Star (Dada’s mom) cooked meat with gata in it. I have no idea what it’s called. Dada took a cup-full, placed it on my plate and asked me to eat it. I had that WTF expression but I don’t want to disappoint him, moreover shun Tita Star’s cooking! I tasted it and it was delicious. Although, that was the one and only time I ate gata… Hopefully never again!
- EARRINGS. I do not like wearing earrings as they are heavy and they bruise my ears. During our first Christmas together, Dada bought me a gold pair. Blergh! He said I look good when I’m wearing earrings. *blush* I’ve been taking good care of those earrings since I had them. I’ve also bought a couple of earrings afterwards.
- UMBRELLA. Umbrellas equate to a heavy luggage so I do not like carrying one. I prefer donning a jacket. Dada gets mad whenever I catch a cold or a fever so he bought me a black umbrella from Benetton. I’ve had it for a year until I accidentally left it inside a cab. Since then, I’ve been buying my own umbrellas from Fibrella. Even though it’s cumbersome, I still keep one in my bag as protection from either the scorching sun or the heavy rain.
- HELLO KITTY. Hello Kitty is one of the clients being catered by Dada’s company. I don’t like Hello Kitty stuff because 1) I am not a cat-person; 2) I DESPISE PINK; and, 3) Hello Kitty reminds me of a former friend. Then, Dada gave me a Sanrio USB flash drive last Christmas of 2009! Blergh! I only use it whenever I direly need it. Other than that, it’s just stashed in my CD rack.
- WRISTWATCH. I have been donning punk and goth accessories since 2007 — all thanks to my cosplay hobby. Unfortunately, Dada hates my punk bracelets. He said it doesn’t suit me (he likes it when I am kikay and he hates it when I feel more maton than he does). So he bought me a slick ladies’ watch from Sophie Martin. He told me to stop wearing punk accessories. I guess it’s okay – except when I am cosplaying.
- WAITING. I am not a patient person. I truly despise waiting yet it frequently happens. Sometimes I am late. Most of the time, he’s late. We’ve had a lot of arguments because of this but it never gets resolved — NEVER! I hate it. The odd part about it is we always forgive each other (then the same dilemma will reoccur sometime after). Blergh!
… will add some more in the future, probably…