Event : OtakonEK 2009
Date : October 18, 2009
Venue : Enchanted Kingdom
Last year, I said that OtakonEK will be my pilgrimage because Azrael confirmed that this will happen every September. OtakonEK was a bit postponed this year due to typhoon Ondoy (Ketsana) [link, viewable by family & friends only], which hit the country a day before its actual date. I also thought that I won’t be able to attend because of my work’s schedule. As if luck was really on my side, I had an acute laryngitis which became my excuse for skipping our shift. Even without a voice, I can still have fun!!! Dada was against it at first but when I explained to him that I have been planning this for the longest, he then allowed me to go. Wheee!!!
Jeiro and Lora went to EK wearing Pirate costumes while Leidi and I were just wearing casual clothes. I planned on donning the Scarlet gown [link], but I realized that it would be too cumbersome and I don’t want to pose for pictures there (yeah, I have issues).
Leidi and I missed both the 10:30AM and 12:30NN shuttles so we had to commute going to Sta.Rosa, Laguna. I was thinking that if something else goes wrong or if we get lost, we might not make it to EK! During those times, I realized that people can either be complete @$$h073S or be very helpful to the needy. Some people took advantage of the situation and charged us too high for fares, while some are very kind to point us the fastest routes and tell us the actual rates.
We arrived in EK around 1:30PM and immediately stashed our bags in the locker area. Leidi was a bit reminiscing because she said that the last time she’s been there was when she was ten. It was time for her to feel the thrills of the rides she missed during her elementary years! LOL!
1) Roller Skater (mini roller coaster) — Leidi wanted to try Dodgem (bump cars) but I told her that it’s too boring so as an appetizer, I took her here. I think she had fun. Hehe~
2) Anchor’s Away (swaying pirate ship) — The line was pretty long and we waited for about 10 minutes before our turn. While standing in line, Leidi felt scared as she heard the screams and wanted to back out. I firmly told her “NO! We are going to take the topmost seats! You see blood everyday [you’re a nurse-to-be!] and you can’t handle this?!” Hehehe~ Of course, people go to EK to experience the thrills and I want nothing less. While the ship was swaying back and forth, Leidi got really scared at tinawag na niya ang lahat ng mga santo! LoL! She screamed “OH MY GOD -TAMA NA – SHET – ANG PUSO KO – LORD – OPERATOR – STOP – AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!” all in one breath! LoL!
3) Grand Carousel – no lines, I wonder why? LoL!
4) Flying Fiesta (wave swinger) – Leidi said that if she survived Anchor’s Away, she can survive anything! LoL!
5) Wheel of Fate (giant ferris wheel) – it was our time to relax a bit and enjoy the view.
6) Rialto (motion sim theater – feat. Speed Racer) – if my reaction to Sponge Bob was “That was it?!” for Speed Racer it was “What the fn(K”?!”
7) Jungle Log Jam (log flumes) – We didn’t get wet. It was still cold, though.
8) Rio Grande Rapids (river rafting) – We were VEERRRRYYYYYY WET! LoL!
Despite the fact that we arrived late, we still managed to try out eight rides. This is my best record as of late. LoL! The Space Shuttle is undergoing maintenance so Leidi wasn’t able to feel what it’s like being the signature ride of EK. Nonetheless, we’re able to watch the Sky Wizard fireworks display contest. The entry that we liked was #11.
We got home around 12:30MN. Cold and tired, but we had fun. LOL!